Use this regulating valve for back pressure control applications such as maintaining constant pump discharge pressures, bypassing excessive pressures from various types of process equipment, and wherever a constant pressure must be maintained in a process or piping system. Valve should only be used selectively where the materials chosen are compatible with the fluid used and will not cause corrosive buildup or crystallization in the close clearances between the piston and body bore, which could keep the poppet from opening freely. Use only clean, strained (at least a #20 mesh) , or filtered liquids or gases so that the valve can operate without buildup of debris or solid matter which can cause the valve to malfunction. A strainer or filter with the appropriate perf or mesh and pressure rating can be purchased from Straval.
Features & Benefits
- Body: Standard material is Stainless Steel with ANSI Flanges as illustrated. Special alloys (e.g. Monel, Titanium, Alloy 20, and Hastelloy) to the body for structural strength. Not offered in carbon steel construction except for clean lubricating oil type of services.
- Poppet: Available in metal and soft seat construction for liquid and gas service.
- Elastomeric seal: Choice of different elastomers including Teflon expands valve usage to a wide range of applications and fluids. Choice of elastomer determines final temperature limitation.
- Spring chamber: Because it is non-wetted, the standard construction is carbon steel, but can be upgraded to 300 series stainless steel in aggressive environments.
- Right-angle porting: Standard construction is bottom inlet, side outlet.