This is a direct-acting pressure-reducing valve with an adjustable spring operating against a flexible elastomeric diaphragm subjected to the reduced outlet pressure of the valve.
This valve is used for medium flow applications. See flow Cv listed in pricing section. Unlike the PRS09-TC-V there is no piston seal with this model. Therefore, this model can operate with very low pressure differences between inlet and outlet.
This valve can be used for many fluids, clean steam, air & gases, and various products used in the food processing and pharmaceutical industry. Only clean, filtered, or strained solids free liquids and gases should be used for best operation of the valve. A strainer or filter, depending on the degree of contamination, should be installed before the inlet of the valve. Sanitary strainers or filters can be purchased from Straval to provide some degree of protection.
Features & Benefits
- Body and flanges: Standard material is type 316 stainless steel.
- Trim: 316 Stainless steel for poppet and seat is standard.
- Internal Surface finish 20RA is standard. Electro-polishing is optional
- Teflon-Viton composite reinforced diaphragm is rated pressure of 100 PSI and minimum burst pressure of 300 PSI. Teflon film on the wetted side provides good corrosion resistance to a wide range of fluids and gases including steam. Max temperature rating is 350 °F(176 °C). Viton is the elastomeric seal on the non-wetted side.
- Sanitary Tri-Clamp type Connections with bottom inlet, side outlet. Standard inlet flanges and outlet flanges are equal in size. Unequal flange combinations (larger outlet than inlet) are also available to compensate for expansion of gases at reduced pressures.
- Threaded on Spring Chamber: Produces strong clamping pressures on diaphragm. Available in 316SS (18Cr, 10-14Ni) or 300 series SS (18Cr, 8Ni)
- Metal or Soft seat: Several elastomer material options are available to suit various liquid or gas applications.
- Top guided poppet with accurately machined body bore eliminates poppet misalignment & assures proper seating under all conditions.
- External Spring Housing: Standard material for sanitary application is 316 series stainless steel, but 300 series stainless steel (18Cr,8Ni) can also be slected for less stringent sanitary applications, as this part is nonwetted and does not come in contact with the product flowing through the valve.