This is a direct-acting pressure-reducing valve with an adjustable spring operating against a flexible elastomeric diaphragm for sizes up to 2″, and a piston for larger sizes, which is subjected to the reduced outlet pressure of the valve.
This valve is used for medium flow applications. See flow data below. For larger capacities to a higher flow model can be custom made with offset flanges.
This valve can be used for many fluids, clean steam, air & gases, and various products used in the food processing and pharmaceutical industry. Only clean, filtered, or strained solids free liquids and gases should be used for best operation of the valve. A strainer or filter, depending on the degree of contamination, should be installed before the inlet of the valve. Sanitary strainers or filters can be purchased from Straval to provide some degree of protection.
Features & Benefits
- Body and flanges: Standard material is type 316 Stainless Steel.
- Trim: 316 Stainless Steel for poppet and seat is standard.
- Internal Surface finish 20RA is standard. Electro-polishing is optional
- Teflon-Viton composite reinforced diaphragm is rated pressure of 100 PSI and minimum burst pressure of 300 PSI. Teflon film on the wetted side provides good corrosion resistance to a wide range of fluids and gases including steam. Max temperature rating is 350 °F(176 °C). Viton is the elastomeric seal on the non-wetted side.
- In-line flanges: Sanitary Tri-Clamp type is standard for this model with face-to-face dimensions as illustrated. Custom flange spacing can also be made available. Standard inlet flanges and outlet flanges are equal in size. Unequal flange combinations (larger outlet than inlet) are also available to compensate for expansion of gases at reduced pressures.
- Quick Disconnect V-Band Clamp: made from 300 series SS (18Cr, 8Ni)
- Metal or Soft seat: Several elastomer material options are available to suit various liquid or gas applications. See options in pricing section below.
- Top guided poppet with accurately machined body bore eliminates poppet misalignment & assures proper seating under all conditions.
- External Spring Housing: Standard material for sanitary application is 316 series stainless steel, but 300 series Stainless Steel (18Cr,8Ni) can also be slected for less stringent sanitary applications, as this part is nonwetted and does not come in contact with the product flowing through the valve.