Designed for clean, filtered or strained, non-abrasive liquid service: oils, lubricants, greases, solvents, and most chemicals compatible with Viton seals. Valve is piston-operated, metal-seated with only the piston seals as elastomers. Do not use for extended shutoff service or for extremely low flows (less than 5% of maximum capacity). Values below the low limit of the spring ranges shown below can be achieved if the flow rates are substantially higher than the minimum 5% of maximum rated capacity. To be on the safe side, a relief or bypass valve should always be installed on the outlet side of the regulator (not included with valve).
Features & Benefits
- Pressure-containing parts made from solid bar stock materials — unlike castings which have wall thickness variations.
- Body and trim: Standard material is type 303 or 316 stainless steel. Special alloys (e.g. Hastelloy, Monel, Titanium, and Alloy 20) also available, click here.
- Elastomeric piston seals: Viton is standard. Alternates when specified are Buna, EPDM, Kalrez, and PTFE. Select PTFE seals only when required for chemical compatibility reasons as these seals create higher piston drag than the softer elastomeric seals.
- Spring chamber and adjusting spring: These parts are non-wetted, are not in contact with the fluid or gas, and are normally offered in carbon steel, painted for minimal exterior corrosion-resistant protection. When these parts are submerged or located in a corrosive atmosphere, they can be upgraded to a stainless steel or other corrosion-resistant materials at an additional cost.
- Standard porting: Right-angle porting, NPT threads (side inlet, bottom outlet). Valve works in any orientation, upright as illustrated, horizontal, etc.
- Optional In-Line porting: is availble but with reduced Cv (typ 60% of full flow model) can be supplied at additional cost.