Designed for clean, filtered or strained, non-abrasive liquid service: oils, lubricants, greases, solvents, and most chemicals compatible with Viton seals. Valve is piston-operated, metal-seated with only the piston seals as elastomers. Do not use for extended shutoff service or for extremely low flows (less than 5% of maximum capacity). Values below the low limit of the spring ranges shown below can be achieved if the flow rates are substantially higher than the minimum 5% of maximum rated capacity. To be on the safe side, a relief or bypass valve should always be installed on the outlet side of the regulator (not included with valve).
Features & Benefits
- Pressure-containing parts made from solid bar stock materials — unlike castings which have wall thickness variations.
- Body and trim: Standard material is type 303 or 316 stainless steel. Special alloys (e.g. Hastelloy, Monel, Titanium, and Alloy 20) also available, click here.
- Elastomeric piston seals: Viton is standard. Alternates when specified are Buna, EPDM, and Kalrez.
- Spring chamber and adjusting spring: These parts are non-wetted, are not in contact with the fluid or gas, and are normally offered in carbon steel, painted for minimal exterior corrosion-resistant protection. When these parts are submerged or located in a corrosive atmosphere, they can be upgraded to a stainless steel or other corrosion-resistant materials at an additional cost.
- Standard porting: In-line porting, NPT threads. Valve works in any orientation, upright as illustrated, horizontal, etc.