This pressure control valve is used for very relief valve control applications such as maintaining bypassing excessive pressures from various types of process equipment, and wherever maximum pressures cannot be exceeded in a process or piping system. Because of the needle nose piston, this valve is also used for relieving high pressures at very low flows. The 303 stainless steel valve can be used for non-corrosive or mildly corrosive fluids. Use only clean filtered or strained liquids or gases to remove debris or other solid matter that might cause internal clogging or improper operation of this precision machined valve. Install a filter or strainer with a fine wire mesh (at least #20 mesh) before the inlet of the back pressure valve. High-pressure in-line strainer fittings, basket strainers, and fine wire mesh filtes can be purchased from Stra-Val.
Features & Benefits
- Pressure-containing parts made from solid bar stock materials — unlike castings which have wall thickness variations.
- Body: A stainless steel valve is our standard and is available in type 316SS and 303SS. (Special alloys are available to make a Monel valve, Titanium valve, and Hastelloy valve.
- Piston Valve/Poppet: Type 316 or 303 stainless steel is standard. For very high pressures, hardened stainless steel is available.
- Piston Seal: Standard elastomers are Viton, PTFE, EPDM, Kalrez & other elastomers are also available.
- In-line porting is the standard piping arrangement.