This valve is used for back pressure control applications such as maintaining constant pump discharge pressures, bypassing excessive pressures from various types of process equipment, and wherever a constant pressure must be maintained in a process or piping system. Valve can be used for non-corrosive or mildly corrosive fluids, depending on the materials selected. When liquids or gases contain debris or other solid matter which might cause internal clogging or improper operation of the valve, a strainer with a fine wire mesh should be installed before the inlet of the valve. In-line strainer fittings or basket strainers can be purchased from Stra-Val. For gas or air service, a soft-seated version with Teflon or other engineering plastics is available to improve seating performance.
Features & Benefits
- Pressure-containing parts made from solid bar stock materials — unlike castings which have wall thickness variations.
- Body: Standard materials are stainless steel type 303SS and 316SS.
- Trim: Stainless steel for main valve is standard. Teflon sealing option is also available for air or gas service.
- Teflon-Viton composite reinforced diaphragm is designed for much greater main valve travel than models designed with stainless steel diaphragms. When a Teflon diaphragm is ordered, the Teflon film on the wetted side provides good corrosion resistance for a wide range of fluids and gases including steam. Viton is the elastomeric seal on the non-wetted side. Max temperature rating is 350 °F. Special elastomers are also available. Other diaphragm materials are available.
- Right-angle porting is the standard piping arrangement which allows the valve to be self-draining.
- Special Alloys Bypass Valve (e.g. Monel, titanium, and Hastelloy) also available.