This valve is used for back pressure control applications such as maintaining constant pump discharge pressures, bypassing excessive pressures from various types of process equipment, and wherever a constant pressure must be maintained in a process or piping system. Valve can be used for non-corrosive or mildly corrosive fluids, depending on the materials selected. When liquids or gases contain debris or other solid matter which might cause internal clogging or improper operation of the valve, a strainer with a fine wire mesh should be installed before the inlet of the valve. In-line strainer fittings or basket strainers can be purchased from Stra-Val. For gas or air service, a soft-seated version with Teflon or other engineering plastics is available to improve seating performance.
Features & Benefits
- Pressure-containing parts made from solid bar stock materials — unlike castings which have wall thickness variations.
- Body: A stainless steel valve is our standard and is available in type 316SS and 303SS. (Special alloys are available to make a Monel valve,
- Titanium valve, and Hastelloy valve
- Piston Valve/Poppet: Type 316 or 303 stainless steel is standard. For very high pressures, hardened stainless steel is available.
- Piston Seal: Standard elastomers are Viton, PTFE, EPDM, Kalrez & other elastomers are also available.
- In-line porting the standard piping arrangement