Use this regulating valve for back pressure control applications such as maintaining constant pump discharge pressures, bypassing excessive pressures from various types of process equipment, and wherever a constant pressure must be maintained in a process or piping system. Valve should only be used selectively where the materials chosen are compatible with the fluid used and will not cause corrosive buildup or crystallization in the close clearances between the piston and body bore, which could keep the poppet from opening freely. Use only clean, strained (at least a #20 mesh) , or filtered liquids or gases so that the valve can operate without buildup of debris or solid matter which can cause the valve to malfunction. A strainer or filter with the appropriate perf or mesh and pressure rating can be purchased from Straval.
Features & Benefits
- Body: Standard material is stainless steel with ANSI Flanges as illustrated. Teflon (PTFE) body is available for pressures below 50 PSI (~3.5 Bar) and is only available in a solid body form with flanges integral to the body for structural strength. Not offered in carbon steel construction except for clean lubricating oil type of services.
- Poppet: Available in the same materials as the body. Metal and soft seats available for gas and liquid service. See pricing pages.
- Popppt seal: Choice of different elastomers including Teflon and kalrez expands valve usage to a wide range of applications and fluids. Choice of elastomer determines final temperature limitation.
- Spring chamber: Because it is non-wetted, the standard construction is carbon steel, but can be upgraded to 300 series stainless steel in aggressive environments.
- Right-angle porting: Standard construction is bottom inlet, side outlet. Also available with sanitary flanges for low pressures.